Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling all Access Experts....Need Help with Startup Form....Please!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtistRhetta

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2001
US
Hello,
I am still having trouble with a MS Access form that I have created. I created a startup form that only contains hyperlinks to other Access databases. When I open and close a hyperlink my startup form does not maximize automatically. Is there a way to get the startup form to do this? I have tried several ways but have not been successful. It would be greatly appreciated if I could find a solution. I am trying to cut down on the shortcuts and create a faceplate to the other applications. I tried writing 'DoCmd.Maximize' on the 'On Activate' event on that startup form and it still wouldn't work. If you think of something else let me know. Or if you have time to create a form and only insert a hyperlink and give it a whirl you will see that the form's icon is on the taskbar with the other open window applications and you have to click on the form's icon on the taskbar to restore it. I wanted the form to maximize automatically after the hyperlink file has been closed. Maybe it doesn't work with hyperlinks in that fashion.

Thanks,
ArtistRhetta A+/Cisco Track

Hi

Try putting the same code:

DoCmd.Maximize

into the On Open event for your form.

RK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back