Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calling a script from an embedded approach form in 123

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baggers2003

Programmer
Oct 15, 2003
GB
Hi,

I would like to add a button with lotus script behind it onto an embedded form in lotus 123. I can see how to add a button using the Approach form editor, but the only options appear to be to run a macro when the button is pressed. Is there any way to assign a script to this button instead or call a script from a macro. Alternatively is there any way I can use the Methodinvoked event to monitor whether an effect caused by a macro has occured and do it that way?

I have release 9.5

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve.

You can do it either way. I find it best to insert the object as an icon. You can then add your fields and buttons as you like.

For a button to run a script by script, put your script code in the button's object for the Click script event. Alternatively, you can make a macro that uses the RUN command to run a macro.

It is often easier to double click the button in design mode and then press Ctrl+K to open the script editor to that object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back