Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling a Java class from Powerbuilder 12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

beijc

Programmer
Oct 29, 2008
US
Hello, I have a Powerbuilder app that connects to an Oracle database on a Linux server. The App also calls a Perl script from one of the screens. The Perl script has been converted to Java. I need to call this Java class from Powerbuilder. The Oracle database is on one server and the Perl script will be on a different Linux server. Is it possible to call a Java class from Powerbuilder. Where would the class need to be,on the pc with the Powerbuilder run time files or on the server? I'm not a Powerbuilder programmer but I need to get this converted over if possible.

The other option I'm looking at is keeping the original Perl script and trying to run it as a CGI from PowerBuilder. If I went this route I'd need to call the CGI thru a URL
from PowerBuilder. Is this option possible. Can I build a URL in PowerBuilder and call a CGI script on a server this way?

A bit desperate as this has to be done asap. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

You may wish to post this on Appeon is the current developer of PowerBuilder and has an active community to answer questions. I've not done what you are requesting so I don't know what needs to be done but I believe it has been done by others.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back