Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callind Number Modification - Siemens HP8K to Nortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandobarn

Technical User
Dec 17, 2004
US
Hello all,

Is there a way to modify the Calling Number across a QSIG link? We are in the process of moving to a Global SIP PBX solution, and am using the HP8K. The issue is the Siemens can either send 4 digits, or 11 digits across the Qsig link. If they send me 4 digits 4 digit dialing from desk to desk works correctly, but calls outside the Nortel from a HP8K phone only display 4 digits as the calling number. If the HP8K sends all 11 digits, then desk to desk calls display 11 digits, and external calls outside the Nortel receive all 11 digits. Siemens is saying this is a QSIG feature within their system where it is either 4 digits, or 11 digits.

My question is can a Nortel strip, or even add digits to the Calling Party number?

Any Help with this would be greatly appriciated.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I am quit surprised that somebody decided to change to a global Siemens SIP solution.

For your problem the DAPC feature could be helpful. It allows to add digits in front of an incomming CLID depending on the NPI and TON of the call.

The feat. is programmed in LD 15 CDB and LD 16 RDB

Hope this helps a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back