Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callfwd feature working on some phones and not others 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grod1

Programmer
Jul 16, 2009
US
Some of the phones in our system will not allow the callfwd feature to be activated. The softkey to activate the feature displays on the phones but when a user trys to input number to be forwarded to you get a "this number can not be dialed" message. What is strange is that at one time Callfwd worked on every phone and now the feature works on some phones. Looked at any recent changes, even restarted the publish server, still no joy. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

First place to start is to make sure templates are the same on a working phone and a non working phone. If so,then reset one of the phones and see if that clears your issue. The next thing to check is available memory. If you have lots of logs running, they may be filling up the available space and not allowing the system enough space to do what it needs to do. You can delete the logs and turn them off if you do not need the information they are collecting.
Hope this helps as a starting point ....

check the calling search spaces on the number under "Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings".

I usually set them to one of my locals so the person can't do a long distance call forward all, then go home and call their phone locally and have it forward to a relative using our long distance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help....somehow I overlooked the Calling Search Space on the Call Forward and Call Pickup form. There was no Calling Space selected. Thanks for the redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back