Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callers not hearing Interalia recorded announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomiga1

Technical User
Apr 30, 2010
US
Hello, our facility utilizes an Interalia recorder for announcements such as:
"All operators busy", "You have dialed a non-working number", etc.

Currently if I call the switchboard and both operators are busied out or on an active call, I do not hear the "All operators busy" message, just ring no answer. However callers from inhouse dialing "0" will get the message if the operators are busied out.

I'm using the term busied out and active call interchangeably.....does the system react differently between the two states?

I'd like to understand how calls route to this recorder in the first place?

Is anybody familiar with an alternative for this recorder?

Thank you!

There are several features that might be in play here...Call to Vacant Number (CTVN)in CDB to play recording when someone dials a non-assigned DID. You can print this in LD 21 gate opener INT.
Recorded Overflow Announcement (ROA)can play an announcement if all operators are busy on an active call; (RICI) defines which ICI keys on console hears the announcement. Also printed in LD 21 gate opener ATT.
Attendant Overflow position could also be used when calls are not answered within a predefined period and console is busied out.
I would suggest starting by printing INT, ATT from LD 21 to determine which features you are using.
Documentation under each feature in Features and Services docs will give you interactions with each type of call.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Jax....familiar with the LD, but not responses:

TYPE INT_DATA
CUST 00
ACCD OVF OVF OVF OVF
CTVN RAN RAN RAN RAN
RANR 21
MBNR OVF OVF OVF OVF
CTRC OVF NAP OVF NAP
CLDN NAP OVF NAP NAP
NINV OVF OVF OVF OVF
NITR OVF OVF OVF OVF
NRES OVF OVF OVF OVF
NBLK OVF OVF OVF OVF
RCLE ATN OVF ATN ATN
CONG BSY
DLT OVF
LLT OVF
DNDT RAN
RRT 022
ESAM OVF

TYPE ATT_DATA
CUST 00
OPT AHD BIND BIXA BLA
DNX IC1 ITG IDP XLF XBL
MWUD LOA
REA SYD ATDA
ATDN 0
NCOS 7
CWUP YES
CWCL 515 6
CWTM 10 20
CWBZ NO YES
EFLL 0
MATT NO
RTIM 60 120 30
ATIM 0
AQTT 0
AODN
SPVC 00
SBLF NO
RTSA RSAD
SACP NO
ABDN NO
IRFR NO
XRFR NO
IDBZ NO
PBUZ 02 10
ICI 00 RLL NCO NDID NTIE NFEX NWAT
ICI 01 DL0
ICI 02 DF0
ICI 03 INT
ICI 04 IAT
ICI 05 LD0
ICI 06 R003
ICI 07 LD1
ICI 08 R010
ICI 09 R006
RICI 1 6 8 9

CTVN RAN RAN RAN RAN (this is call to vacant number which will play whatever recording is in route 21)
RANR 21

ICI 01 DL0 **************************(internal callers that dial 0)
ICI 02 DF0
ICI 03 INT
ICI 04 IAT
ICI 05 LD0
ICI 06 R003***************************(route 3)
ICI 07 LD1
ICI 08 R010***************************(route 10)
ICI 09 R006***************************(route 6)
RICI 1 6 8 9 (recorded overflow will play message to callers on ICI keys 1,6,8,9)

I would think you would want to add 5 and 7 to RICI since they are your listed directory numbers and most likely where DID calls would come in.

Recorded Overflow Announcement (ROA) allows delayed calls to the attendant to be
connected to a recorded announcement notifying the calling party of the delay. A second
recorded message can also be provided to the calling party repeatedly until an attendant
answers the call.
A call that is waiting in the queue receives the first recorded message after the expiration of a
timer (T1). After the message is given, the call returns to the attendant queue. While the call
is in the waiting state, it can be connected either to Music (MUS), Ringback tone (RGB), or
Silence (SIL).
If a second recorded announcement is specified, the call receives the message upon expiration
of a second timer (T2). After the second message is given, the call is placed in the attendant
queue again. There is no limit to the number of times a call can be given the second recorded
message.

ROA can be printed (depending on your s/w level) from LD 21 with ROA being gate opener.

Jax, if I dial 5921, I receive fast busy although I can listen to message on recorder with no problem. Why the fast busy??
ICI 01 DL0....this would explain why internal callers are hearing the "All operators busy" message, but not external callers.
What does acronym RICI stand for? And is it simply a matter of chg command to add 5 & 7?

TYPE ROA_DATA
CUST 00
OPT ROI
FRRT 24
FRT 6
WAIT MUS
MURT 27
RICI 1 6 8 9

RICI = ICI (incoming call indicator) keys that may receive ROA (recorded overflow announcement)

If you cannot dial the Route ACOD to hear your recordings, check the TGAR of the set you are using and the TARG in the route. If they match, you are blocked. Try changing the TGAR on your set to 0 and retest.

do you have access to documentation on your software version? If so, the Features and Services docs will give you details on how each feature works, how they interact with other features and details on how to program them.

I can hear a couple recorded messages dialing ACOD, but not all.

I know that I've heard "all operators busy" when dialing from outside before....in fact our scheduling department utilizes the same "all operators busy" message when they are all busy.

I know with ACD group I can print FRRT SRRT in ld 23.....is there something similar for attendant consoles? Is there a FRRT/SRRT?

Which load would allow me to add 5 & 7 to RICI?

Thanks!

Do a CHG in LD 15 gate opener ROA

You haven't said if you have access to any documentation either books or CD

you can print what is in ROA in LD 21

Yes, I do have docs. What could have disabled the ability for outside callers to hear "All operators busy" which is rt24 as shown in LD21?

BTW, we did convert to PRI in the past year from T1 service.

Does this also mean that they will hear music on hold after initial "All operators busy"?

TYPE ROA_DATA
CUST 00
OPT ROI
FRRT 24
FRT 6
WAIT MUS
MURT 27
RICI 1 6 8 9

Thanks!

Post a LTM and a LDN and let's take a look to be sure that all routes that incoming calls hit are defined to receive ROA.

Callers should hear music after "all operators busy" based on the printout you posted.

Jax, as far as LTM are you only speaking of the RAN routes?

TYPE TLST
TKTP RAN
ROUT 21
DES
TN 036 0 00 04 MBER 1 CALL_TO_VACANT#

TYPE TLST
TKTP RAN
ROUT 22
DES
TN 036 0 00 01 MBER 1 NOT_ACEPTG_CALLS

TYPE TLST
TKTP RAN
ROUT 23
DES
TN 036 0 00 02 MBER 1 REDIRECT_TO_DOC
TN 020 0 00 04 MBER 2 REDIRECT_TO_DOC
TN 020 0 00 05 MBER 3 REDIRECT_TO_DOC

TYPE TLST
TKTP RAN
ROUT 24
DES
TN 036 0 00 03 MBER 1 OPERATORS_BUSY
TN 020 0 00 03 MBER 2 OPERATORS_BUSY

TYPE TLST
TKTP RAN
ROUT 25
DES
TN 020 0 00 06 MBER 1 ALL_REPS_BUSY

TYPE TLST
TKTP RAN
ROUT 26
DES

TYPE TLST
TKTP MUS
ROUT 27
DES
TN 020 0 00 07 MBER 1 MUSIC
TN 036 0 00 07 MBER 2 MUSIC

TYPE TLST
TKTP RAN
ROUT 28
DES

TYPE LDN_DATA
CUST 00
OPT XLDN
DLDN NO
LDN0 1500
LDN1 1600
LDN2
LDN3
LDN4
LDN5
ICI 01 DL0
ICI 02 DF0
ICI 03 INT
ICI 04 IAT
ICI 05 LD0
ICI 06 R003
ICI 07 LD1
ICI 08 R010
ICI 09 R006

I apologize - been out of communication for a few days.

I wanted to take a look at a complete LTM to see what routes you have and how they correlate to the ICI keys in the CDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back