Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallerId question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markbnj

MIS
Jul 7, 2004
US
Ok. I finally upgraded and now have new (?!) 206EC Units instead of 206E cards with my Partner II 4.1 cpu card.

I should auto"magically" get caller id info when a call comes in (yes, I do have caller id on my inbound lines.

Is there something (didn't think so), that I missed in programming it?

Mark

Partner II started support for Caller ID in release 3.0, so if your processor is really 4.1, you should be in good shape. With display phones and an EC line/station module, you should be in good shape.

The 4.1 manual specifically says that no programming is required to get CallerID to display. You need to program a button for toggling between Name and Number if you want to see both, since it won't show both at the same time.

It can also take up to (2) rings before the caller id registers on the phones display.

caller id info is sent between the first and second ring so as telcomboy said you need to let it ring twice

(I have a customer who calls about every 6 months wanting me to change the AA so it picks up after the first ring
I have to remind him about CID :) )

you will only get the display on the 4 lines that are running through the 206e cards if you have nay lines running through non e modules CID info will not be passed

OK. Staring at the Partner II chassis now.
L to R I now have (2) 206EC Module 4.1
(1) Processor Module 4.1

But no incoming Caller Id.

Oh Well. need to call CLEC and verify CID I guess.

Are your lines being provided thru a channel bank or other source than a "true" analog loop start line?

Verified with CLEC. No Caller ID on account, even though it should have been. AUGGHH!

Just can't win some days can you? Make sure you get a credit for the entire time you should have had it.
-Chris

More Data:

Turns out I DIDN't have Caler ID. Wasn't important enough at the time.

However I now KNOW that the lines attached have Caller ID.
(becasue I plugged a (regular pots) phone in, and looked at the display on it.

Now the lines plugged intot the Partner 2 206EC's DONT give me caller id on incoming either.
(all are mls-12 displays)

Oh well.
Next question different thread. Thanks again all you guru's
Feel free to pick my brains on LINUX/Solaris/WIN2k3
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back