Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallerID on outgoing NBX calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccc1

Technical User
Oct 26, 2004
GB
Is it possible to use a users DDI for outgoing caller id on an NBX v3000 with Basic Rate ISDN.
Fact: NBX v3000 BRI with ver6
Fact: 2 x Basic rate ISDN
Fact: DDI's available and assigned to each user
Fact: 4digit internal extension range
Fact: DDI's do not match exactly the internal extensions. The first digit it different, with the last 3 digits matching.
Fact: Currently the main ISDN number is displayed for all outgoing calls

We can see examples of how to do this with PRI, but are unsure if it is possible with BRI.
We have tried the PRI examples

PreTranslator Create 3 Outgoing CLI
/ PreTransId Entry Digits
/ ---------- ----- ------
PreTranslatorEntry Create 3 1 1

/ PreTransId Entry OperId Operation Value
/ ---------- ----- ------ --------- -----

PreTranslatorOperation Create 3 1 1 striplead 1
PreTranslatorOperation Create 3 2 1 prepend 0123459

where 01 is the area code
and 23459 are the first 5 digits of the DDI number. We are stripping the digit 1 from the internal extension numbers and prepending 0123459 to the remaining three digits

Once this was done we added the BRI trunks to this new pretranslator

Does anyone know if this is only valid for PRI scenarios?

In what country your work with isdn BRI?? Yes work CLI outgoing on BRI ISDN same mode that PRI ISDN , depend your carrier what format requir , example ISDN NUMBER TYPE "National or Unknow "???.

In italy is possible two mode ( carrier depend )

if main number is 011-433xxx , is possible format in this mode

prepend 011433 , than isdn number type is unknow
prepend 11433 , than isdn number type is national

Pretranslator ISDN NUMBER TYPE see dialplan and assigned to trunk isdn

Best regards
Bruno

Bruno,

Thank you for your reply. At least it gives me some hope that this may be possible on BRI.

I am in ireland and the carrier is Eircom. I have tried some different combinations as per your email, using unknown and national ISDN Number type, i.e. including and excluding the leading 0 from the area code and also dropping the area code also.

I feel my next step is to contact the carrier on monday and ask what they require/accept. I also notice that the NBX is still at its default settings of TEI automatically assigned, which makes it point-to-multipoint, also the advanced settings for the BRI spans are still at the defaults i.e. no changes to prepending prefixes.

I need to check how the ISDN line is set-up, as I understand that the carrier usually implements point-to-multipoint for Data circuits and assign Point-to-Point for voice circuits, I'm not sure if this could also be making a difference to how the telco accepts the number.

When I run the test feature on the NBX, it is telling me that the number going out is being modified as I expect it ... either with the area code or without depending on my ISDN number type setttings and is also prepending the digits I require to the extension number I dial from.

We'll see what the carrier indicates on monday :)

Regards
John

John ,

Try go to DialPlan and make test , you verify if NBX send CLI OUTGOING

Go to one extension and digit realy number that extension make to outgoing call and verify this:

Translation and Routing verification tool

Pretranslator: no pretranslator specified for this device
Translator: Piano_Numerazione_Colnago (1)
Matching digit pattern: 01 from entry 91
Call class: External local
Route: Uscente_ISDN_Colnago (2)
Routing:
Digits provided to router: 0114370813
Route Entry Matched: RouteId=2 EntryId=1
Free device is 728 Pri30_Colnago 00:e0:bb:23:7e:6c
Digits to outpulse on terminating device: 114370813
CLI Pretranslator: CLI_Uscente_Colnago (5)
Matching digit pattern: 3 from entry 1
Resulting calling party number: 0395967303 (type 2)

last 3 string show isdn number cli that NBX make toward carrier , in this case extension 303 make call 0114370813 and correct isdn number is 0395967(prepend) 303(extension) , ISDN NUMBER TYPE is 2 National the carrier is Fastweb .

best regards

Thanks Bruno,

I have run this test already and got similar results to those which you described.

Translation and Routing verification tool

Pretranslator: no pretranslator specified for this device
Translator: Internal 3 Digit Extensions (1)
Matching digit pattern: 90879173473 from entry 34
Call class: Wireless
Route: LocalCO (1)
Routing:
Digits provided to router: 90879175555
Route Entry Matched: RouteId=1 EntryId=2
Free device is 759 Trunk 00:e0:bb:1b:2a:6c
Digits to outpulse on terminating device: 0879173473
CLI Pretranslator: Outgoing CLI (3)
Matching digit pattern: 3 from entry 1
Resulting calling party number: 018866358 (unknown type)

Extension 358. I still need to check what format the carrier expects... unknown or national.

I also notice you test output mentions PRI30, are you using a PRI circuit and not a Basic Rate ISDN. This is one of my issues, I'm not sure if it will work for Basic Rate ISDN. The 3Com NBX admin guide only mentions setting this up for PRI (in bold font in the guide)

Regards
John

Hi Bruno,

Just wanted to say thanks for your help and to let you know that the problem was that CLI needed to be enabled by the carrier.

Once enabled and confirmed that they use national, I made the appropriate changes to the dial plan
i.e. drop the 0 from the area code on the prepended number and changed the ISDN Number type to national

Thanks again, your help has been greatly appreciated

Regards
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back