Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallerID on Analog Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnire

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2006
CA
Here is my problem. I have a definity r9 w/TN793B cards. I have all my analog stations setup as CallrID types and i am still not receiving the CLID on incoming calls - internal or external. When I trace the call i see the info so i can see that the system is sending it. (CLID to digital sets is fine)

I have been through the system parameters/station screen and have turned on/off everything possible.

I have this working in numorous systems and on the same types of analog sets. I have even taken the analog set to another definity to see if it was the set and the set works fine.

I'm out of ideas. Any help is great.

there are some send name/send number fields on the trunk forms- page 2 or 3, and I've also run across caller id issues on wink/wink trunks were the *ani*dnis or *ani*dnis* fields in the trunk form had to match what was being sent by the provider. I'll be watching this post - curious of the fix.. - thanks..good luck

cnire,

ch sys fe 1st page, 'protocol for caller id analog terminals' field. compare it on two definitys.

You may have PRI's on the other switches and not on this one. Also their was a problem with circuit packs that were pre V6. You might want to check that too. On the packs that were V5 and lower they did a QPPCN, but it has long since exspired.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Thanks everyone for replying.

I do have PRI at this site and all of the others. However, they are from different service providers. I don't think the problems lies with the trunks because i do not receive internal callerline id. When i call station to station (digital/analog to analog) i don't receive any display information - however again, i see it on the trace.

(but i do receive CLID from analog to digital/digital to digital/ trunk to digital)

I have v6 analog packs.

I have been through the sys fea page 1000 times, the feature "Protocol for CallerID" is set to Bellcore and i have tried the other options and its a no go. I have also compared the sys feat pages to my other switches.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back