Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller waiting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitel2016

Technical User
Apr 10, 2016
GB
Hope everyone is well.

Have a weird issue with regards to our ACD path.
We have the Mitel MiVoice Business Release 9.0 SP3 and the clients are using micollab 8.1.2.104.

We’ve configured the system so a caller can only wait for a maximum of 15 minutes a RAD message is played and the call cuts out. This is done via the Interflow Time Out.
I’ve tested this by calling the ACD patch direct DDI and also from the IVR and all tested fine and behaved exactly how its been set up.

We’ve had reports on callers waiting over an hour in the last week or so. After spending some time investigating, at this stage it seems like the ACD agent may have declined the call. The caller should be placed back in the queue from my understanding, but this doesn’t seem to be the case. Has anyone else experience this?

I did check CCM reporting, and I can see the caller waited for 58 minutes.
Is there anything I need to check to ensure the maximum time a caller is waiting is 15 minutes.

Thanking you in advance

Just a quick update, seems like when a call has routed to the agent and they don't pick up or decline, the caller just hears the holding music and doesn't return the call back to the ACD path. Just keeps ringing, the all disappears from the queue.

How to ensure on a non answered ACD call the caller is placed back in the ACD Path.

Thank you

It is normal for a call to be re-queued to the path when an agent ring timer expires.

[ul]
[li]When this happens, is it the last agent in queue?[/li]
[li]If the last agent, what is the programmed behaviour for the last agent in queue - Make Busy or Logout?[/li]
[li]What is the setting on the agent group regarding - Allow callers to queue with no agents logged in?[/li]
[li]What is the destination of the Path Unavailable routing in case no agents are logged in and queuing is disallowed?[/li]
[/ul]

Thank you for your reply

When this happens, is it the last agent in queue?

There are other agents in the queue, who are available

If the last agent, what is the programmed behaviour for the last agent in queue - Make Busy or Logout?

Not last agent but everyone is set to logout

What is the setting on the agent group regarding - Allow callers to queue with no agents logged in?

I have a path unavailable setup when agents are not log in.

What is the destination of the Path Unavailable routing in case no agents are logged in and queuing is disallowed?

Same as above

I feel the issue here is with micollab, when the agent declines / or doesn't answer a call the caller only hearing the hold music and can wait for infinity, I can confirm they are not put back in the ACD path, which they should do.

The only other thing I can think of is the ACD Agent No Answer Timer needs to be increased currently on 0 or has some relevance. Previously before micollab ACD users had handset 5340 and we had no issues. I can also confirm the status settings are set for PBX.

Thank you

ACD Agent No Answer Timer said:
Enter a value between "0" and "125" seconds. Automatically applies the ACD behavior defined for the agent's Agent Behavior on No Answer ACD option when the timer expires.

Entering a value of "0" disables both automatic logout and automatic absence.

The Default value is 15s and I would strongly suggest you reinstate this timer as this is likely the source of your issues. Especially the part about the call not being re-queued.

FYI, there is a system option that controls whether the last agent is logged out or not on no answer. This is what I was referring to earlier.

Thank you I will change this to 15 seconds and do some testing and feedback.

I can confirm changing it to 15 seconds has resolved this issue. Its a system that i inherited its was always set to 0. I guess where everyone is working from home, potential lost of connectivity due to hardware etc with micollab drops the call, also agents declining the call, never had any issues in the office using our Mitel 5340 handsets. But thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back