Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhill2000

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
US
All we get is the number on some calls, and on other 801 verizon??? Is there something mis-configured on our avaya system??? I thought with caller id on a PRI line we should get the name 15 characters worth and the number......

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

If you search in the archieves, you'll find more detailed information on this subject. However, in a nutshell:

The caller's name is sent by your LEC. Unless the call is orginating from an Avaya PBX and it's destination is an Avaya PBX; then I think that the name can be displayed. Again, other threads in the archives have more information on this.

On the "801 Verizon" display, my guess is that it's the name of your PRI trunk. That's what will show up if the caller has blocked their inbound caller ID.

Susan
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
- Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Could be that the caller is not releasing their caller ID information and the PBX is inserting your trunks TAC and trunk name. Do a disp trunk X and I would bet that the name is "Verizon" and the TAC is 801.

Do a test from your cell/home phone. Call you DID as 1-201 555-1212 . You should see the caller id info. Then do *67-1-201-555-1212 you should see the trunk name and tac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back