Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller ID with analog trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJakeG

Programmer
Jul 30, 2005
US
I have a 406v2 3.2.54 software on this system I have a 16 port ATM Mod. with 10 pots lines installed on it. On port 4,8,9,10 CLID shows up fine and the rest of the port I can not get caller ID to pass through. All lines under analog tab is set to Loop start CLID and the data dump From the CO company is getting there. If anybody can help it will me very nice

Thank you

Start at the beginning. Get a cheap phone from wal-mart that has caller ID. Make SURE all lines are giving CID. No use worrying about the IPO until that is confirmed.

or you could just unplug the lines you know has caller id and plug it into one of the ports that you cant seem to get caller id to work.

the lines may be stressing from the carrier. phones systems require the caller id to come across pure and with out errors. even if the lines pass caller id with the analog single line phone. if you have a tempo sidekick 7b you can test this if not you will need to call your carrier will need to test. if they stress at over 30 then it may be that. a kind of way to tell is listen to a good line pass the caller id with a buttset on monitor and then listen to the bad line the same way. if you notice any difference in the sounds then may be the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back