Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID unit manual & connections for M8 / NT8B88FB

Status
Not open for further replies.

scant000

Technical User
Sep 24, 2003
US
I just got a NT8B88 Caller ID unit for our 8x24 system. But, no books, hookup instructions, etc.

Anyone have the info available, or know where I can find a manual / installation guide / programming guide? (My first Caller ID adjunct unit...).

Thanks-

dsuda@epix.net

Scant,
Installation and hookup is simple. No programming of the C8 required. Connect C8 to BIX or other distribution, connect spare station port to little scew terminal off to side, and pass your CO lines accross the C8 terminations before they get to the trunk ports. The C8 sits as a T extention from your COs. Ports are numbered 1-8 by pair count without skips .. pr1=white/blue pr8=red/green. It is important that port 1 on the C8 is on the same CO line that terminates on port 1 of the KSU. They are logically synced.

Hope this helps.

PhM

Thanks!! I did a little more digging on the forum after I sent the question, and found a FAQ with the pinout info- but, didn't know if there was programming, make sure it was a "bridging" device not a 'thru' device, etc. So I thank you again for the extra info.

Any idea how this thing actually works? What I mean is, is the station port just for power, or does it actually have a purpose- to pass the CID info into the system, etc.??

Thanks & Blessings!
Dan

The station port provides the data return path to the KSU. The CO ports recieve the data burst from the telco. Power could either come from the stn port or the COs... suspect the stn port for consistancy.

Cheers
PhM

Ahhhhhhhh.... the Caller ID info gets sent into the system via the station port- got it!!

Thanks a billion, again!
Dan
:cool:

Dan Suda
RCN Corp

You will have to hit F811 from any RINGING telephone to display the CID info. No logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back