Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller Id thru VM ??? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calitech

Technical User
Jun 22, 2004
US
I installed a CICS with Callpilot 150. Software version is 6.0.
The problem I am having is with Caller ID not displaying when the Auto Attendant is set to answer immediately then transfering the calls to extensions. Displays read "LINE 1" or 2, etc.
However if we turn the auto attendant of Caller ID comes in just fine after the second ring.

Setting up a phone to take the calls and then forward the calls to VM is out of the question. The key is for the Auto Attendant to pick up without hearing the phones ring.

Is there some type of ring delay or setting that will allow the Callpilot to pick up Caller ID?

It takes 1-2 rings before CLID info is sent by the telco on analog lines. If you want CLID info you cannot have 0 ring answer. If you want the system to operate correctly as far as ringing lines, CLID, and AA, I recommend you call a qualified Nortel technician.

Caller ID info is sent between the 1st and 2nd ring. If Auto Attendant is set to answer on 0 or 1 ring, you will never receive the Caller ID info. Set AA to anser on 2nd ring or higher and it should work fine.

Will not work as you are requesting. bkrike and xnt correctly pointed out that you need to be into second ring cycle in order for the Caller ID info to be provided..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back