Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller Id question for Merlin Legend 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubilly

MIS
Sep 10, 2002
US
I have a merlin legend 7.0 pbx with intuity audix voicemail.
I have a T1 PrimeExpress circuit going to the DS1 card.
I was told by ATT in order to have caller id, I need to have caller id feature added to the account. When I talked to another ATT rep that I have PrimeExpres T1 line, and was told that PrimeExpress does not have this feature. It has to be programmed in the Pbx. I am confused.
So now, I need to help from experts like you to tell me what I need to do to get caller id show up in my call accounting software. Right now, the CAS only show "incooming" without the numbers, but outgoing call number shows up.
I understand if I have copper lines coming in and going to the CO lines in the system then I will need to have 408GS/LS ID card. My incoming line is a digital t1 Pri line and goes directly to the DS1, so it does not apply.
Please help.

Thanks.

In order to have CID at the DS1 level, it has to be provisioned as PRI ISDN in both the CO switch and in the Legend. Once that is done the CID is automatic. It is part of the service.

If everything is as I stated and you are not getting CID, call AT&T and open a trouble ticket for them to find out why it doesn't work.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Syquest,
Thanks for the prompt response.
So does it mean I have to change from T1 PrimeExpress to PRI ISDN circuit?
What do you mean by provision the CO switch in the legend? Can you elaborate on this?

Chubilly,
That depends on what you actually have now. If you could post a printout of the DS1 info and how it is programmed in the Legend, we can determine what you have. Then we can suggest a couse of action. From the name AT&T has given the service, "T1 PrimeExpress", my assumption is that the service is not PRI ISDN. So in that case, a change order would have to be issued to the provider in order to get what you want. Also the appropriate programming changes in the Legend would have to be made.

Telcos use the term "provision" to mean how a circuit or service is setup or constructed which may include the Central Office switch programming and the physical wiring of the DS1(T1) , setting options on Office Repeaters or HDSL modules, assigning DID numbers, cable pairs, etc.

....JIM....

Syquest hit it for you. You MUST have a PRI on a Legend to receive CID on a DS1/100D circuit.

Let me add this though, to save you a LOT of time in the event you do change to a PRI;
Remove all your trunks from the trunk group first, then do the menu change to "PRI" in T1 Type. If you dont, chances of the D-Channel working correctly are slim.
(how many of you busted your head over this one before, only to tear down the trunk, build it back & it worked!)

MrTelecom1 aka Jeff
Living AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues
since 1979.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back