Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on T7316E

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonTechFolks

Technical User
Oct 6, 2020
US
One of our sets needs to have caller id enabled on it. It is not part of the regular ring group, outside lines only ring on this set when in night mode.

I've checked in Telco Features, Caller ID is set to Y. However, it only gets caller id after answering the call.

I found this thread from a few years back:
I did what it says from phoneguy427's suggestion on 12 Jul 06 07:06. However, Show Caller ID under Feature Assign is not an option for this set. The only option for this set is "Extl Vmsg set".

I checked the sets that are part of the regular ring group--they have the Show Caller ID option under Feature Assign.

Am I missing something? Can phones that ring only in Night Mode have caller ID showing when the external line rings?

You need to post your KSU model and software version when posting since they are different.

Older software or KSU - only 1 set can have CLID, this is set in Admin/ option 9 : Auto CLID or something like that, usually set to Reception.
All other set must use F811:
Usage
Press Feature 811 (you can program F811 to a button)
Press the flashing line

Note as mentioned it can take up to a ring and a half for the carrier to send the CLID on tradition copper lines.

On the newer KSU's with software 6.1 (I think) and up any set can have CLID but the set must have lines set to Ring and not just Appear.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% certain on the software version. As soon as I can get to the equipment room, I'll get the KSU model.

I'm going to assume that we have a new version of the software, since everyone in the main ring group has working caller ID that automatically displays when the phone rings.

I accidentally said POTS lines before. We have digital telephone.

POT Lines is copper lines...Digital phones are just that and should not be confused with lines.

You can instead also get the SP code version in Maintenance via programming and cross ref here: Pay attention to the 2 letters after the digit 30

I forgot to mention when you use Night Mode it answers right away so it's possible no sets will get CLID in that case du to the delay from carrier.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back