Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

walfredo

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2011
US
Hello,
I am trying to set up caller ID CLID on our MICS system. I was reading the MICS features and I thought I read somewhere that CLID was "included". I programmed one set by following some wonderful instructions here, but after reading some other posts here, I am beginning to think I need some NT5B41's? We have #2 NT7B75's in there right now- would I just swap them out with NT5B41's? I'm fairly competent but have only minimal experience with this phone system (and phone systems in general).

Thanks

Yes you need the caller id trunk cartridges. You can just swap them out. Turn power off while you're swapping them.

Thanks guys. I think I am on 4.1 (30NdG04). Is the software upgrade a module to purchase, or something I can push to it? There is an ip address associated with the system which I think has something to do with the callpilot 100. Dunno if that makes a difference or not.

The R6.1 is a software card upgrade. You'd simply power off, swap the software card, and power back on.

Your CallPilot needs to be at R3.0 or higher to be compatible, so if it's not you'd need to upgrade the CP first and then the MICS. Upgrade cards for the CP are sold that will keep your database and any keycodes intact.

The IP address is for programming the CallPilot via your browser. This will remain the same.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

Thank y'all so much for your help. I think I will start picking up the items on ebay.

So I need
2 replacement CLID trunk cards
MICS software card, 6.1 or better
CP100 software card, 3.0 or better

There is a Nortel MICS 8X32 CI Caller id DR 7.1 on ebay, which might be cheaper than buying the S/W card and 2 CLID trunk cards separately.

This is gonna be pricier than I thought! Is there something special I need to look for, or can I buy any CF/PCMCIA card, so long that says CP 100 3.1? There's actually a used CP100 that looks like it comes with a 3.0 card, so can I just swap them out and not lose anything?

You need a CallPilot upgrade card to keep your database and keycodes intact. This card will be a lot less costly than buying a whole other CallPilot. Putting in another software card will lose all your programming and will most likely default any keycodes installed.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back