Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller ID on legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jd925

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
US
How do i get CALLER ID to work on my system I have release 7 THANKYOU IN ADVANCE

You must have:

Caller ID Modules (800 GS/LS-ID) - (408 GLM ID)

Or PRI with a DS1 Module.

A 800-BRI card also will provide caller i.d. information using basic rate ISDN lines in addition to the types of modules identified by merlinman.

CinemaPhones, of course you are right.

I see BRI so seldom that I forgot about its capabilities.

I don't think I have ever programmed or installed one outside of a Lab environment.

Am I correct in saying that you can NOT get Caller ID through analog DID trunks? (800DID card)

I believe you are correct. I have never seen CallerID on analog DID trunks with any carrier or equipment brand.

There would be no way to send the caller id info over a did card because in a way, you are supplying the talk battery back to the central office. When the call comes in, it winks or goes right to the digits, no room for caller id.

Analog DID Modules do not do Caller ID on Legend, PERIOD.

NOR do GROUND START TRUNKS (even on GS/LS ID Modules).

EVEN IF THE CENTRAL OFFICE PROVIDES IT ! !

Trust me on this one......

No, afraid not.

Even if the CO Delivers it, it won't happen.

This is per the "CALLER ID" section of the R 3.0 Magix Fea Ref:

800 GSLS ID
408 GSLS ID MLX
412 LS ID TDL

(But of course they don't mention the PRI/BRI Stuff, which we know CAN do it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back