Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on LD Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawk1

MIS
Jan 26, 2005
US
Caller ID:

I receive caller ID when I place a local call but when I make a long distance call the end user gets “CALL” on their caller ID. Is this a local or LD provider issue?

I think that if local calls are getting caller ID the problem might be with my LD carrier.

List the system type, give us a detail of what is called.

CMD’s 1212-1213 & 5005 set the outgoing CID on a station basis, 3019-3034 & 5005 set the outgoing CID on a trunk basis. I something else is being sent check with the pri vendor:eek:)

If your 'long distance' calls go out on a 'plain' t1, or you use a very low cost carrier, there is no 'number' to be sent. If it is a plain T1, the carrier should be able to put at least your main number on the trunk group as a default Calling Party Number. Per-station Calling Party Number is only available with PRI trunks (assuming you're in the US)

The problem I reported is on a 2000 IPS. My LD calls are going out on a PRI circuit. I want to thank you in advance for your helpful tips.

With the latest version, you can even send out caller id name display per station! (see below from - I never tried it yet)

Sending NAME Display to Network.
Note: this feature is available with IPS 3600 Series (R11) software and a 24PRTA-D and higher.
1. Assign NAME display to each station to use this feature (MATWorx Station Management or via MOC
utilizing CM 770 or CM 771).
2. CM 1202>Station number>1515 Take note of the Service Restriction Class B for the stations (15).
3. CM 15156>15>1 Allow Calling Party Name sending to the SFC B from step 2.
4. CM 35268>20>0 For the Voice trunk route (20) allow Calling Party Name sending to ISDN (0).
5. CM 08>502>0 When calling from the sub line (Virtual) station allow the sending of the name of the my
line (Prime) to ISDN.

If you have CPN assigned and it works for the local calls but fails for the LD over the same ISDN PRI span, then the issue is with the carrier. It could also be with the local CO handing this info over to the transit or LD carrier.
CPN is assigned via Station or trunk.
To send at least the main number do the following....
1. CM 3034>XXX>05 Where XXX= the ISDN PRI trunk numbers. Do not include the D channel (last trunk).
2. CM 5005>05>7142659900 Where 714... is your main billing number.
3. CM 1325>YYYY>1 Where YYYY is the station you are calling out from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back