Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on Hipath 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnzy111

MIS
Jan 3, 2008
US
Does any one know how to set a stations caller id on a Hipath 3000 system?

I'm using Manager-E

Thanks!

---Mike

Hi, in "extension view" module, put a check mark on "Analog station with CLIP" for your extension. In H3550 V5 or higher, only analog station in CBCC (motherboard)have caller ID. If you have V8 system, you need SLAD card for caller ID in all analog stations.

Thanks elperkins,

It doesn't seem we have an analog station with clip option,

This problem we are having is with a few voip phones, opti 410's

Can you tell me how to find out which version we have?

Thanks!

--Mike

Hi, in Manager E, System-wide...-> Cards, you can view Software version.
HFA Optipoint 410 always work with CLIP.
Sorry for my English...

Thanks Elperkins

I have now found that the system type is a 3700/3750
Software Version is HiPath3000 V4.0

Does this help you to determine how I can set the caller ID to work now?

Currently when users make external calls, the recipient display shows "Unknown"

Thanks!

--Mike

Also, I have a "System View" and a "Station View" with my Manager-E but not "Extension View" as you mentioned.

I do not see "Analog Station with Clip" in either view..

I can't tell you if this applies to the 3000 series but supposedly the 150 is pretty similar and things I've given out have been pretty close.

If your system has the ability to send out caller-id info (something other than CO trunks) then have a look in the Lines/Networking topic, Routing Parameters tab, and if there is a setting called "No, and type, outgoing" try changing that setting to "local area code" first, and you could always try "country code" if you are overseas - but try the other one first.

As usual, make a note of how it was before you change it just in case you need to go back.

Hope this is close enough to work.

Hi Donb01,

It actually looks exactly as you described, very interesting how the 150 and 3000 are so similar.

I've made the change, just waiting to hear back from the users now to see if it's solved this.. I'll post back up the results later..

Thanks!

From what I understand the 3000 was the "final" upgrade to the 150. They pretty much changed the hardware platform but left the software mostly the same, but I don't have a 3000 so I give out advice based on the 150 with the caveat that it might not be the same in some cases. Both of them use the same Assistant E software for administration, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back