Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller-ID on Extension 10 Only!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quazimotto

Programmer
Mar 29, 2008
US
Greetings!

I received a call from a customer telling me that caller-id is only showing on extension-10. I have not done a service call on a Partner for a long time. Mostly IP Office these days. Has anyone seen this? I have always thought that the Partner's caller-id function worked right out of the box with no settings needed. Am I correct? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Quaz

A few questions to start the ball rolling:

What is the revision of the processor?

Are the suspect extensions system phones, or, SLTs?

Are the suspect extensions set for immediate ring or delayed ring?

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

I'm not sure about the Processor. I am going there tomorrow to rectify. The telephones are telephones are 18-Ds and when I was there last, the system phones were set to immediate ring. The person that reported the problem did say that the time and date are wrong. This may indicate that the system lost power and came back in default. Dexman, thank you for the comeback.

Quaz

If the processor is an R7 or R8, save a known good configuration to internal memory, external PCMCIA (if present) or both. [smile]. Despite the Partner platform being MD'ed, upgrading to the final processor & expansion revisions is worth considering. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Turns out the telephones not getting caller-id were set to delay ring and not ring at all. I set them to immediate ring and problem solved. I also put new batteries in the processor to keep the program on a power failure.

Thanks again,
Quaz

I'm curious about the revision of the processor. The customer can press FEATURE 5 9 at any system phone and the information will be displayed. [smile]

One more idea...enable auto backup of the processor's programming. If things become corrupted, restoration is quick. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back