Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALLER ID ON AN 800 NUMBER

Status
Not open for further replies.

eartel

Vendor
Mar 10, 2003
US
WE HAVE A CUSTOMER WHO REQUESTED FROM THE CARRIER THAT THEY RELEASE THE CALLER ID ON BLOCKED CALLS. THE CARRIER SAID THEY COULD DO IT ONLY ON 800 CALLS. UPON ALLOWING THE CALLER ID ON BLOCKED CALLS WE ARE STILL SHOWING "PRIVATE NUMBER" ON THE DISPLAY. THE CARRIER SAYS WE HAVE TO CHANGES SOME PARAMETERS ON THE NORSTAR TO ALLOW THE CALLER ID. THE SET UP IS A PRI TI ON A NORSTAR RLS 4.1. IS THERE A WAY OF CHANGING THE PROGRAMMING TO ALLOW THE DIGITS TO COME IN?

EARTEL
888 416 4327
310 549 0387 Fax
rluna@eartel.net

if its showing "private number" thats what being allowed by provider..norstar doesnt show "private number" a on incomming call the provider supplies it

ONLY 24 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

If the calling party request that there number not be shown then the carrier can not show it to the called party.

I must interject here and state that as having personally been the person on the "Switch" side actually setting up PRI's and all of their related parameters, the settings can be a little tricky sometimes depending on the actual equipment used (DMS switch / E5 / Voip Based Box / Prepaid-platform / Cisco-Box / or Proprietary-Specialty type switch etc..,)

My guess would be that the Service provider has either not pushed this issue to the switch tech properly or that they have but it still has not been correctly done.

I think it is also worth nothing that callerID for 'regular' calls is a different animal than callerID to a toll-free number. The recipient of a call to a toll-free number is paying for the call, so they are entitled to have the number of the calling party. If your long-distance carrier is capable of transmitting the ANI as a CallerID information element, then you should see the Calling Party Number. You cannot 'un-block' CallerID if the 'caller' is 'dialling directly'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back