Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on all Call Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoricuaBlanco

Technical User
May 5, 2004
US
In my G3si, I recently setup a station(type 8434d) and changed the Idle Appearance Preference to Y. What is now happening, is when a call comes in on the first appearance, I do not see the calling party's information. Any ideas?

probably because you told it you 'preferred' to see the first idle line, so that is what it is showing you. be my guess anyway.

thanks, tim

The reason why I setup this station with the Idle Appearance Preference to Yes is because it has a few bridged appearances. The admin needs the phone set this way so that she does not pick up a ringing line by accident.

As long as you have it set to Yes you will never get the display to show up.

Interactions
Automatic Incoming Call Display
Incoming calls are not displayed if Idle Appearance Preference is activated.

Mark the bridged appearances on her phone button labels and have bridged calls alerting turned on the second page of the station records for her phone. This will let the bridged appearances ring on her phone, and she can tell which lines are ringing.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Hello All
Its Possible to Display the Universal Call id in the Phone Station. My Station Type its 6408D+.
Sorry for my Bad English
Thanksss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back