Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller ID on a T1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffy101

Vendor
Dec 24, 2007
US
Is there a setting to trun on caller ID for a T1 on a merlin
the provider is sending the info how ever all i get on the phone is the trunk label.

What release Legend? It might not support caller id. There is nothing on the legend to set to receive caller id, it will come across automatically.

I don't think you can get Caller ID on a regular T1 circuit unless it is a PRI (ISDN).

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

The only CID transport available on the Legend/Magix is BASIC (2B+D) or PRIMARY (23B+D) ISDN, and analogue loop-start lines. It is NOT supported on channelized DS1 with CAS (channel associated signalling) in any flavor.

The software was never written nor format defined for that.

....JIM....

Or, to say it another way;

Caller ID on a T1 is NUMBER ONLY on a PRI Circuit.

AND, that PRI can not be set for NI2, which, as I understand it does support Name & Number.

The Legend/Magix can only use NI1, which can provide NUMBER ONLY.

just did a cutover with Time Warner from 8 pots line to their digital lines back to pots with 408 GS/LS ID , receiving name & number , on a Magix 2.2 on 2nd ring, then just number, in SMDR just number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back