Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on a second incoming call does not display. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveebc

Technical User
May 9, 2005
I have a user that says that a second call comes in and the name nor number displays. Is it true that the second call can not be displayed. I have checked progamming and it is set to number first. I have had this problem with 5.0 and 6.0 SW. On 6.1 I've had some users say the second call flashes. Do the M series or T series set support this? Any help would be great.

ive had it working on a PRI/ 6.1/ 7316E -
normal programming nothing special

Is the second call programmed to ring the phone (Is it coming in on a line appearance, or an IC?) Do you have DND on busy enabled?

this would be DID trunks and i have it progrsmmed to have only one appearance on the set. Should I program more than one appearance on the set?

that’s not necessary as long as they have more than one IC . I was just pointing out that if you do in fact have only 1 path for the DID to ring in on, you are obviously never going to get the CLID on a second call (because you are not going to even get the second call.)

i do have two IC programmed on all my sets. with that shouldn't i be able to see the number on the second call?

Yes- this is an enhancement of 6.1. So, I don’t think you do get the second call CLID on anything that is pre- 6.1

Verify you have the Telco Features, feature assignment set to Caller ID Y for the Target line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back