Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on a KX-TD308

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serofu

Technical User
Jul 29, 2008
US
I'm a noob to this site so please forgive any incorrect terminology.

I use a KX-TD308 with a KX-TVS50 in my office. I recently exchanged a damaged TD308 unit for an undamaged unit I purchased from a local company that upgraded their phone system. (A recent heat wave caused port-1 on my TD308 to become unstable and incoming calls were not always being reported to any of the desk phones.)

After much reading of forums, including this site (thanks to all), I am up and running at 95%+ with the new'ish TD308. However, the caller ID is not showing the text/name of the caller like my old unit was. The new TD308 did not have the Caller ID card, so I swapped it and things are great. I have enabled Caller ID setting within each of the 3 CO's.

I have made the serial/null cable and downloaded the software for equipment. I'm able to access all aspects of the TD308. I am not able to access (via PC) the older/damaged TD308 to copy and paste the Caller ID init string settings.

I found one thread that explains how to use this setting to automatically obtain the current local time from the Caller ID, but I find nothing about the name/text of the caller.

I realize not every incoming call will have this name/text, but most do and I have become used to knowing who's calling (via text label) so I can answer the phone ready to answer their questions or discuss a recent job we've done for them.

Any advice would be welcome. I can upload the *.td file if it would help. If I have left out some critical bit of information required to assist in this, please let me know and I'll re-post as soon as possible.

~cheers~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back