Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID, Multiple Receptionists and a CCR Tree (yes it's chaos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm85

Technical User
Aug 2, 2007
CA
Hey Everyone

I'm trying to figure out a problem I know I'll eventually face.

We have a BCM50 and have 2 receptionists, plus a Lobby phone that are assigned line appearances. The three phones ring for all incoming calls. The receptionists also have the ability to forward their phones to any other person in the office to answer incoming calls (in case one is away and the other is at lunch, for example).

In case no one reaches the phone in time, we have the AA answer after 4 rings, and will direct the call to a mailbox (using a basic CCR tree).

Because of the amount of time it takes up during the day, we are moving to a CCR tree, but I have been having a problem. We want the ability for callers to select an option, which will allow both receptionists to answer, but I haven't been able to figure out what the best option would be:

Option 1: Have the CCR Tree Transfer the call to 2221 (First Receptionist phone) with 2222 (Second Receptionist) and 2223 (Lobby) have an Answer DN for 2221

PROS
-If another employee needs to answer calls, 2221 can be forwarded.
-2221 will see the Caller ID of the caller before they answer (I think)

CONS
-2222 and 2223 will not see CLID of the caller until they answer the phone.
-2222 and 2223 will ring every time 2221 rings - including internal calls not meant for 2222 or 2223
-2221 can not have a personal mailbox

Option 2: Have the CCR Tree Transfer the call to 2223 (Lobby Phone) with 2221 and 2222 configured as answer DNs for 2223

PROS
-Incoming Calls will ring at all 3 phones
-The Lobby phone is only used for incoming calls
-If another employee needs to answer calls, 2223 can be forwarded.
-Lobby phone can be assigned a general mailbox in case no receptionist is able to answer in time

CONS
-2221 and 2222 will not see CLID of the caller until they answer the phone.

Option 3: Create a Hunt Group that the CCR tree will transfer the call to, with 2221 and 2222 and 2223 are a member of

PROS
-Incoming Calls will ring at all 3 phones
-Hunt Group can be assigned a mailbox in case no receptionist is able to answer in time.

CONS
-Calls can not be forwarded to another employee, unless their phone is manually added to the Hunt Group
-2221, 2222 and 2223 will not see CLID of the caller until they answer the phone (I think)

So my question is:
Is there a way that I can add an option to a CCR tree that will cause 3 phones to ring (With CLID information) and have the ability to be forwarded to another phone?

Thanks!

Thanks for the response curlycord. I might sit down with the receptionists and see how they would like to answer calls (they might want to use services mode so they can answer during parts of the day, and have the AA take over).

One other Question I forgot to ask was: when a person dials an extension from the AA, how does it appear on the employee's phone? Do they see something like "Line 061 Transfer" or do they see the Caller ID of the person calling?

If the AA picked up the CLID, it would pass it on to the telephone.

Adversity is Opportunity

the caller id should show up on all sets in that hunt group
and they should be able to forward to another set hunt group takes a line position will work fine

maybe explain a little about this lobby phone too, you mention it is used for inbound calls only.
I think of a lobby phone also as a visitor or courtesy phone.
Might have an impact on design.

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back