Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller ID information on PRI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have recently installed a PRI on a Norstar. The problem I'm having is that I cannot see the called party number. I can see the called party name and if I press the view button on the display it show the name the DID line that it came in on. Even if I change the telco options on the set to- number (1st diplay) I still cannot see what number is calling. I can only toggle between the name of the person calling or the line they called in on. I know that on a regular caller ID trunk card I can toggle between the callers name, number and line it cam in on. Any help would be appreciated.

two possible areas to look at both in the LINES area of programming they are:
LINES->TRUNK/LINE DATA->CLID SET:XXX
LINES->TRUNK/LINE DATA->ANI NUMBER:Y/N
the CLID set is under the target line and sets the telephone set that will display the cid on initial ring.
The ANI number is on the did/e&m trunk and is set to Y to select when the caller id is collected for a line.

Are you using 73xx telephones? the phones without the display buttons can toggle with the # and * keys off of feature 8 1 1

a possibility is that you are not getting the number from your LEC, you would have to check this out with your local Telco. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I checked under lines>trunk data and the only prompts that show are PRI and which prime set for lines 001-023. I will check with the telco to comfirm that they are sending the number. I talked with a rep who has some knowledge with the telco and he said he's never seen a PRI that didn't have the number sent from the telco.

Also look at the target lines (lines 145 to 272) for the CLID Set info. JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Yes I have, the CLID is the same as the intercom number that the target line appears on. re: line 145 rec'd 746-2021 CLID 2021 prime 2021. Thanks for responding and trying to help.

can you see the call id info by using feat 8 1 1 ? You would have to be on a call to see it. JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Yes, but I can only toggle between the name and the number called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back