Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller id info

Status
Not open for further replies.

seapro220

MIS
Feb 13, 2004
US
hello.

Since upgrading to ip office 9.x we have lost the ability to 'see' the caller-id info whenever our phones are set to 'forward'. we can see if we configure the extension to 'twin' but not on forward. anybody know how i can fix this? Here's the situation.

scenario 1 -
user - jim
jim is at home for a week or traveling and want's his phone transferred to his cell phone.
a call comes in to jim's desk. the call is forwarded to his cell. jim sees the corp number as calling so he doesn't know if it is actually from the corp office - or a salesman calling in, which get's forwarded. jim wants to see or be able to identify the incoming caller id to determine how important the call is.
scenario 2 -

same user - jim
jim's out of the office.
we turn on twinning for jim.
jim receives a call and his desk phone rings a couple of times, then twins to his cell/other phone. jim is able to see that the call is from 'someone' outside the company - by the caller is being passed and is able to answer the call.
jim doesn't want his phone to be configured for twinning all the time because he receives a lot of calls and is in meetings all the time - precluding his phone from ringing.

question -
why does this happen, and how can we fix. we have several remote workers that need to have their phones 'transferred' and not twinned - and need to provide only their desk phone (did) to our clients.

our phone carries is passing all the correct info including did's and caller-id info, which works w/o issues - as long as the phone desk rings, is twinning - but not on 'transfers'.
how do i configure this to get this working? years ago we used to have this working on another carrier - but can't now. through several calls to both the vendor and the carries - there's been a 'finger-pointing' contest. i just need it to work. the latest conversation i had with our vendor was the this was 'built into the system' due to the fact that whenever a 'forwarding call' goes out - the system utilizes another line to make the call - and therefor can't forward the caller-id info. i know this feature works on Cisco platforms and phones and is such a simple thing - it doesn't make sense.

M

From which version did you upgrade?

Did it work before the upgrade? ( I assume it did though... )

The previous version of IP office worked - but that was 5.x. When I mentioned that it had worked in the past - that was on a different carries. We switched from Time Warner, to Spirit - but remained on the same version of IP Office - as well as the same type of ports and configuration.
Our reasoning to not use 'twinning' all the time is that we want our 'full time' users to be using their 'land lines' at home, and not cell phones. I suppose that if they had caller-id on the home phones that would work also - but it's just irritating that something which seems so simple - can't work within the Avaya IP Office system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back