Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID info not passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dna617

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2008
US
If the operator transfers a call to an ext. or mailbox the callers ID does not follow, it appears as an internal call.
When the mailbox sends the wav file attached to the email there is no envelope or caller ID even thought in the configuration I am asking for it.

On Nortel phones, I am pretty sure the caller ID is updated once the transfer is completed. Are you using SIP phones?

"...there is no envelope or caller ID even thought in the configuration I am asking for it."
Did you say "pretty please" when asking for it? [bigsmile] The voicemail options are Play CID and Play Envelope (not send CID in email or send envelope in email). These options allow you to specify if you want to hear CID and the message envelope when listening to messages - they have nothing to do with email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back