Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID inconsistent on sets ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hi everyone:

We seem to be having some issues with Caller ID displaying differently on phone sets. We all have the Nortel 1230 sets. When a call comes in, my assistant and I are in the ring group. Her phone usually displays the number and the name of the person calling, but my phone will only display the number ... no name. There are other sets like this as well ... some will display the name and some won't.

Is there something in programming that I need to tweak? This just started happening after our upgrade to the latest release.

Thanks for the help!

F811 is only applicable to single-line display phones. Has no effect on 1230 sets. Are both sets running the same firmware?

I think they are telcodog. Is there a way I can check?

I think it's the same as for the 1100 series......Double click the services button, select Local Diagnostics, select IP set information. You should see it in the long list of info. to get out of the screen, push the button right below the services button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back