Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller id from auto attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweege

Programmer
May 24, 2004
US
have an acs 6.o with a pc messaging card and an auto attd that picks up immediately. option 1 is setup to go to a calling group of several phones. question is, will caller id be transmitted to these stations when a call is ringing?

thanks, tim

The CID info is sent between the 1st and 2nd rings, you need to the delay the PVM at least 2 rings for the system to capture the CID data burst. Set VMS Hunt Delay #506 to 2 or 3 rings for all lines with the CID feature.

The Installation, Programming and Use document provides a complete description of what you can/can't do with the CID feature and the phones, groups, etc. It can be downloaded for free from support.avaya.com.

Happy reading!

....JIM....

I have the same equipment. Calls to my calling group return to voice mail after 3 rings to group 71. Can I make these calls ring the group until answered without returning?

Set the Transfer Return Extension (#306) for each voice mail port extension to point to Ext. 10.

Transfers to calling groups will remain in the group until answered or abandoned.

Transfers to extensions without Automatic VMS Coverage will return to Ext. 10 if unanswered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back