Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID for individual user at non-PRI site 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivenE

Systems Engineer
Sep 15, 2017
US
Hello everyone, I have a question that Avaya can't seem to come up with an answer for. I have server edition IP Office on 9.0. I have one user at another site that needs to have her individual caller ID display when she calls out. The gateway is connected back to our primary site via IP trunks. At the main site is where our PRI exists. I am able to make the change to my phone here at the main site and have my caller id display. However, for her I cannot. I have tried:

-The short code approach (Nsi)
-The incoming call route approach (i in front number)

I then contacted Avaya and they said that this was not possible from a site that does not have a PRI at it. It's not that I don't believe them, it's just that I thought I remembered many years ago seeing this in action at another installation I was a part of. Does anyone have any insights or something that we may have overlooked?

Thanks

You could just put a user shortcode on that extension that causes external calls to hit a shortcode on main site to set CLI before it dials out.

Probably there is an easier way, we never use expansions on our installations =)

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Thanks, I tried that but according to Avaya this is being stripped off as it is sent back to the PRI at the main site (not sure why this would be the case but he was not sure either). Mine works as shown in the attachment but I am on the gateway that the PRI is attached to. Unless I am reading your post wrong ; )

You don't put it on the remote site.

If you for example have 9 as prefix for external call you could put a shortcode on the user like 9N / Dial / 888N / IPLine
Then on the main site you would have a shortcode 888N / Dial / Nsi0123456789 / PRILine

At least that worked in the old SCN days =)

Thanks, I will try that.

Hi Janni78, I just wanted to follow up and say thank you. This did indeed work and I really appreciate your help. The fact that two techs at Avaya overlooked this option makes me appreciate these forum's more and more. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back