Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID for E911 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoffm

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2010
US
We are no longer using CAMA trunks apparently. Our E911 no longer works. I am not sure how this happened but the resort I work at switched carriers about two and a half years ago. Long story short is we are trying to get the E911 working. All outgoing calls are masked with the main number. When someone makes a 911 call it shows at the PSAP as the main number. Is there any way to program the switch to send the real DID only when it's a 911 call? This place has an NEC IPX 2400 PBX. Can anyone turn me onto some documentation on how to accomplish this? Thanks

You may need to look into getting a E911 server. NEC has it available for just this kind of situation. I suggest you contact your vender for details. Be ready for your vender to push an upgrade since the IPX is no longer supported.

We use "Route Based Caller ID" to accomplish this.

We set program 2 PRI channels as a separate route and point 9,911 and 911 calls to this route.

If you use the attached cheat sheet you should be able to see how to accomplish this with ACPNCL.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2d2adac0-cc64-4bd7-8a76-1f34ba49d19a&file=Caller_ID_&_Call_Blocking.pdf
My mistake, take a look at "Outgoing Caller ID - Extension Based.
When non-911 calls go out the main route, LDN is passed. When 911 calls go out, extension based caller ID is passed.
These ARE DID's right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back