Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Dropping First Digit on PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdoster

Technical User
Feb 6, 2015
US
Looking for some assistance on an issue with our CS1000. Bare with me I'm new to the phone area.

Example of a call with the number of 233-524-6444

Call comes in from outside to our CS1000 rings to the phone and the call number shows correctly with all 10 digits. If no answer the call goes back to the CS1000 then to a PRI line that connects to an Sonus SBC that connects to Microsoft UM which handles the voicemail. This is where we started noticing a problem that a missed call notification and the voicemail email shows up with the number 335246444, dropping the first digit of the number. After extensive troubleshooting with our vendor and using a device that I think was called a T-bird, that the Nortel is dropping the digit on its way out of the PRI before it hits the gateway. We have 2 PRI setup, 1 for the Audiocodes and the second for a Sonus SBC, and the same thing happens for both PRI's. We test carriers to see if there were any differences which showed Verizon works 95% of the time all the way through without dropping the digit, but the rest (AT&T, Sprint, Tmobile) drop the first digit almost everytime.

Wondering if anyone has seen this issue or have any suggestions on how to get this fix. We've been dealing with this for some time and are not finding a solution.

Can you turn on the DCH messaging and show the incoming setup message to CS1K and then the outgoing setup message to SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back