Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID and Partner ACS/Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshull

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2004
US
Hi,

I have a Partner ACS R6 and Partner Messaging R1 and caller ID service (name + number) from my phone company.

2 questions

1) When I have a user (we'll call that person Nancy) transfer a call, how can the person who is about to answer the call (we'll call this person Bob) see who is calling before picking up? Right now, the only thing that Bob sees is Nancy's name and extension number. Bob can't always tell the difference between a transfered call and if Nancy is just using the Intercom to call him.

2) Is it possible to see (or hear) the number of the caller who left you a message in Partner Messaging? I think it is great that it says "You have 1 new message from (insert office personal person)." But if the call is from an external source it doesn't tell you the number. That would be a great feature.

Hi pshull,
The person transferring the call should announce the call before releasing the line to complete the transfer. That way they can take the call back if the person does not want to speak to the caller. The way "Nancy" would do this is to press the transfer button and ext #, or just press the DSS button for the extension. "Nancy" stays on the line and talks to "Bob" so that "Bob" can decide to take the call or not. If "Bob" wants the call, "Nancy" just hangs up. If not, "Nancy" presses the flashing green line button on her phone to talk to the caller again.
To find out a callers number on voicemail, note the time of the call and use the "call logs" feature to scroll through the calls on that extension until you get to that time & date. All info available right to the line number is there. "Bob" can then push two buttons to call teh person back.
-Chris

You can also use a Call ID inspect button. Press the button and the flashing line and it should give you the info.

zEke.

On the R6, just press the flashing line button once for the info.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back