Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller Id and CDR on Analog incoming Trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NortelSlave

Programmer
Oct 16, 2007
US
We recently installed 4 analog trunks and auto-terminated them on a DN that appears on serveral phones. I ordered caller Id on those trunks. But we don't get caller ID when someone calls? Is it possible to make it work and how.

Also, since we installed those trunks, we haven't seen any incoming call activity on the CDR report even though I have turned CDR on on the route. Did I miss something?

Thank you.

what switch do you have?? Also, you need a d channel for Clid and Nortel doesn't control inbound Clid....

As far as the cdr issue on the new trunks, verify with a buttset that calls are routing to the new trunks first of all

Post the RDB for that route.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Here is the RDB. To answer the above question, we tested the call are going thru the trunk because that's what we are using to record the calls. This is the Nortel 81C.

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 76
DES BEEP
TKTP COT
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
PRIV NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK NO
ISDN NO
PTYP ACO
AUTO YES
ICOG ICT
STEP
ACOD 7776
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
CRD 512
TFD 0
LEXT 100
SST 3 0
NEDC ETH
FEDC ORG
CPDC NO
SPCT IMM
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
RVSD 08 31
ILLR 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR YES
INC YES
LAST NO
QREC NO
OAL NO
OTL NO
MUS NO
MANO NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00

PAGE 002

TTBL 0
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

Post your RDB and CDR data out of LD 21 here.

Last I checked, it's not possible to get CLID on your PBX via copper trunks. If you want CLID, you need to order a PRI (23B+1D)

For some reason that didn't post as quick as I'd expected... ignore my last

I called Nortel and spoke to an engineer(we have COAMS)and he told me to change the IAPG on the TN. What does that do? I highly doubt this will solve the CDR problem.

IAPG controls the level of messaging to VAS servers (computer-telephony integration).

I would not expect it to have any impact on CDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back