Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller Entered Digit Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mottelecom

Programmer
Aug 26, 2002
US
im setting up a CED script that prompts 1 for x, 2 for y, etc... In the same prompt, I'm asking for extension...

Prompt: "press 1 for accounting, 2 for sales, 3 for support or enter the extension of the party you are trying to reach..."

The extension is 4 digits.

The extension prompt is working, but the other prompts are failing...

Im using Bolean:
If CED == 1
True: Run Script X.
False: if CED == 2
True: Run Scipt y.
False: if CED == 3
True: run Script C
False: transfer to CED...

The 4 digit extension part works, but none of the one-digit prompts work.

Any ideas on where to troubleshoot. By the way, this is my first time scripting :)

TIA

I'd suggest this would be possible by using a series of IF nodes, the first if CED=1 pass, then use the fail option to route to the second IF node if CED=2 pass, route the passes to your desired destination. Once you have gone throught the 3 routes on your IVR then pass to a dynamic label of Call.CallerEnteredDigits, it may be an idea to concatenate this with "rf" to send the call SIP refered and then CVP will stop monitoring it, the label would then look like this:
concatenate("rf",Call.CallerEnteredDigits)
If you are using a single CED node then just create routes for options 1, 2 & 3 and then fail to the dynamic label

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back