Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caller application transfer timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweege

Programmer
May 24, 2004
US
modular mesasging 5.2. when using a caller application to tranfer a call to an extension, is there a timer for setting how long the call will ring before the system prompts the caller to enter an extension number and subsequently hangs up when nothing is chosen?

thanks, tim

That should be doing a supervised transfer so the timer for that will be based on the VMD setting for timeout. I think the default setting is 30 seconds.

where might i find this setting? i went through the vm system configuration and didnt see anything like that...

I couldn't find it either in the VMSC. So I guess I'm thinking of a registry value that restricted that to a time other than the default. The hangup option is based on how you configured the caller app, the 'No input' options - next node.

Depending on your integration, check your configuration note, or ask Avaya/Avaya BP for a registry value to limit the timeout period for supervised transfers (or transfers from caller apps).

have seperate mas and mss servers. connection to comm mgr is sip.

OK so it sounds like you mean if i land in the AA or a caller application and dial a number how long before it pulls it back and asks you to dial a different number is that right ?

Is it pulling the call back at all ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

correct. caller presses 1 to go ext xxxx. after about 5 rings the call is pulled back and caller is asked to enter another extension. documentation says the transfer to ext xxxx when pressing 1 is a blind transfer, but not the case.

SIP trombones the call and it can't really be a true blind transfer using SIP. I think they removed the registry value for that but i will check.

Ken Means

Look for TUIRingCount in the registry you can only max it out to 10.

I really don't think you will find it if you are on 5.2 as they removed it in that release at least i cant find it any longer

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back