Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller Application issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class2666

Technical User
Mar 20, 2017
US
Ive been asked to set up a caller application.

1. Pressing 1 sends the call to our HR dept.
2. 2 sends callers to payroll (Virtual extension -> coverage answer group, then a couple other users then voicemail.)
3. 3 sends calls to benefits (built same way as option 2)

I am experiencing trouble with option 1. Our HR dept has an existing caller app. So I set up a goto caller application "AA 5040" our HR app. the call seems to goto the app properly but does not play the entry prompt menu. Any ideas how to make that happen? I know we could re-record it an play it as the entry prompt for that option. I could also possibly set it up differently so it matches options 2 and 3 better. (It was set up as an x-ported station instead of a virtual as the others were.)

Secondly, and I haven't been able to verify yet what currently happens, but where would the voice-mail calls get routed for options 2 and 3? The hope is they go back to the original called number. But I am not sure if that would even work since it is the application.

(I would be open to another design if someone has a suggestion. I have just kind of piece-mealed ways to accomplish what I need to do in caller apps in general)

When you say that it seems to go to the app what do you hear ? And what does the OHV show when the call is made ?

As far as where the calls go for 2 and 3 they are going to follow the coverage path or hunt pattern of the object it was transferred to in the first step.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Our OHV throws an invalid path error and doesnt work.

I say it seems to go to the 2nd app because the menu buttons work properly. On app 1, button 1 sends calls to app 2. App 2 has a menu of about 8 options and those are accessible, the issue is when a caller enters app 2, it does not play the menu it does for a normal caller.

I did find a solution to the issue, I has the user record another announcement on app 1 mailbox. And I set that to play on entry of task 1. (But basically we had to make a 2nd recording of the menu for app 2....) But it does work.

Just to confirm, options 2 and 3 send calls to a virtual extension, then follow their cov p thru and when they get to vmail they would go to the virtual extension mailbox?

I think I have resolved all of my issues. I was able to force calls to the original mailbox by making the virutals secondary extensions on the original.

And with the additional recording that resolved our issues there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back