Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller App goes to Ext w/ Cov PA to Remote Cover - works but fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhshane

MIS
Dec 12, 2005
US
S8800 with CM6
MM 5

Caller App associated with ext 1420 and has two options
Opt 1 xfer to Ext 2052
Ext 2052 -> Coverage Path 18
CP18, Ring 1, Point 1 = R6
R6 = outside phone number

Opt 2 xfer to Ext 2256

Opt 1 works from certain phones and doesn't from others.

Test 1:
Dial 9 plus the DID number for ext 1420 from my desk phone
Press 1
Hear "Please hold" and Mod Mess guitar strumming for a few seconds then our company music on hold kicks in. At that point the call is more or less in limbo.
Operational Hist in MM says "Transfer to extension 1420 failed due to ring no answer condition."

Test 2:
Dial ext 1420 directly (don't dial 9, don't leave the system)
Press 1
Routing works and I get to the remote number

Test 3:
Call DID for 1420 from my Droid cell phone
Press 1
Routing works and I get to the remote number
**My cell phone is tied to my extension using EC500

Test 4:
Call DID for 1420 from iphone
Press 1
Routing fails and I get same failure as Test 1

I did confirm that EC500 does make a difference. I change my EC500 number to the number on the iPhone and the iPhone worked properly. Also tried from the Droid and it failed.

So calls within the system to Ext 1420 work and calls from a cell phone tied to the system through EC500 work.

Calls from outside the system dialing the full DID number fail with a "Transfer to extension 1420 failed due to ring no answer condition."

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks.

Nevermind...

Guess I just needed to type it all out. After reading my own post it started to sound like a Call Forward Off Net issue. I changed the COS for the extension 2052 to one that allows Call Fwd-Off Net and it worked from all test phones.

All good.

Just in case anyone is looking to solve the same issue and stumbles across this post...

The proper setting in the COS to change is Trk-to-Trk Tansfer Override = Y

Restrict Call Fwd-Off Net had nothing to do with it.

Just so happens the COS I chose to use had both Trk to Trk Transfer and Fwd-Off Net enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back