Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallCenter 9.1.1 Voice Port Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

westiej

Programmer
Mar 4, 2003
GB
Hello All,

I've recently starting working with an Aspect Callcenter, having worked with Avaya products previously. I'm still finding my feet, but I can translate my experience on most things (or wing it anyway!!)

I have a system with a lot of announcemnets and was wondering if there is a way to report on the number of plays, voice port usage etc. As the system has a max of 128 voice ports for playback I want to check if we get close to it.

If we are, is it possible to add an extra IVC card to gain further resource? We are moving to 9.3 very soon so if anything is possible in that version I'd very be interested.

Thanks in adavnce for all your assistance.

Hi, you should find a report something like "Voice Port Busy" which will give you details of VP usage.

4 IVC cards can be installed per shelf; 128 ports per card

You should also be able to keep an eye on this in real time. Producer/Director has a canned canvas that is a voice system overview. It tells you the number of ports currently in use, how they are being used, and the peak percentage in use since midnight. The main culprits on hogging voice ports are prompt and collect steps since they require a 1:1 relationship of port to caller. If you use some announcements on most calls, several callers can be attached to a single voice port to hear the announcement. I believe that number used to be 18, but it might have changed. Anyway, hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back