Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALLBACK SECURITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadducb

Programmer
Apr 27, 1999
US
Who has the answer? I am using a external MultiTech MultiModem (MT5634ZBA)on a Dell 6300 using SCO OpenServer<br>
Enterprise 5.05. Currently, I can dial out, but I cannot dial in, and I have never been able to utilize the modem's CALLBACK feature. The /usr/lib/uucp/default directory has many (100 or more) multitech dialers, but none seem to be designed for this particular modem. I have contacted MultiTech via several phone calls and as yet still no solution. Just today, I sent mail to SCO and MultiTech asking them to get together and get IT together and find a solution for me. However maybe someone out there can help sooner, and even better.<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
Barry Shadduck (517) 335-3890<br>
<A HREF="mailto:ShadduckB@state.mi.us">ShadduckB@state.mi.us</A>

Hmmm... have you asked SCO if they have a newer direver for your specific modem yet? <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back