Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callback jcb.dll error, then no error

Status
Not open for further replies.

thankgodfortektips

Programmer
Dec 20, 2005
KY
Hi All,

I have a windows 2003 domain with exchange 2003 (Upgraded from 2000). We have a email store of 45GB and we have been trying to do a defrag for a long time. Whenever we run the defrag it gets to around 10% and then we get an error saying "Unable to find callback library jcb.dll (or one of its dependencies). Copy in the file and hit OK to retry, or hit Cancel to abort." After researching this I found that I had to copy jcb.dll (from original CD) to the bin folder AND the system32 folder.

Once I did this I started the defrag and all was looking good. I left it running over night and it got 1 dot passed where it would previously reach, and froze but didn't return any errors.

This defrag is driving me crazy, any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Did you register the dll when you copied it onto the server?

No I didn't... I figured I wouldn't have to because it was previously there and registered...

FYI, I ended up creating a new store and moving some of the mailboxes across. Some mailbox's wouldn't move which I figure are the ones that was causing the error. The defrag is running good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back