Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callback calls priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkdev

Technical User
Oct 14, 2010
FR
Hi all,

I'm trying to achieve this :
* callers have the ability to ask for callback ==> done with callback ability, call remains is topic's queue, works fine
* callers that choose to keep on hold should be treated before callers which asked for callback

I'm struggling with the 2nd point. I tried to create a task tag which have a default value of 1 and which I set to 2 if the caller choose callback.
I then goes to "Source group priority", choose my topic, choose my task tag
But I still have the "oldest" call treated 1st (I've tried both UP & DOWN sort without any impact)

any idea of what I'm missing ?

Cheers

It depends how your TaskFlow is configured.
Check in a Queue Monitor if the Tag stays as 2 while queuing.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

we display the tag in realtime supervision. The tag is set to 2 when callback is asked.
But the routing process stills distribute calls in FIFO instead of the dealing with call's with tag to 1 first.

Then there's something wrong with your priority settings.

BC0265B_bbeech.png

I tried in both sort order

Are all calls queuing to TOPIC-CALLBACK?

We've made a lot of test and it seems that the priority is not working when we have a callback set.

With a standard task flow, we manage to use priority to answer 1st calls with the lowest priority.
But when we have a call waiting in the queue to be called back it is always treated by FIGO, even if it had an higher priority

I'm running 10.1.0, do you think it may be a bug ?

I have opened a case for this ... will update when support answers :)

There's always at least one bug in a IPOCC release =)

I didn't notice it when I tested the callback, but to be fair all our customers use a custom built callback until Avaya fixes their own to be usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back