Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALL_FORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypara

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
GB
Thanks for the recent reply to this one. Something springs to mind though. If I have a .fmx called AM01.fmx saved in the same directory as the form I'm using, and I have a trigger saying

CALL_FORM('AM01.fmx');

shouldn't this open the form? At present I just get FRM-40010. If the forms are in the same location this should work????

I need to know how I can deploy a multi form application withouth having to hard code the letter of the drive, or the full path name, in the call_form statement.

e.g. call_form('H:\application_name\forms\FORM_NAME.FMX');

If I do this then all the forms MUST reside in that directory. Is there a way of calling the form no matter where it is located on the server?

check if you have a form stack(many forms calling each other serially) if so try to use another built-in first, do not forget that the form you are looking for may be opened but not shown! because call_form makes the called form modal

What builtin do you suggest?

What exactly do you mean by modal?

In fact Forms does not call forms, located at the same directory as calling form.
Forms looks for the form being called in the directory it was started from and in directories listed in FORMSxx_PATH variable.

If you're on Unix, the names are case sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back