Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call waiting tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpopa

Programmer
Mar 3, 2005
US
I have a 3.0 system, and I need to make a second incoming call beep in the users ear.

I saw this thread, does that mean I can't in 3.0 anymore?

thread940-1026808

Call waiting cannot be used with call apperance keys
if you do not have any apperance keys than call waiting can be activated & will work as before

but depends on what phone they are using. Most of the Avaya 24XX/46XX phones rely on call appearance buttons for tasks like transfers and setting up conferences.

Call waiting does notify evan when ca buttons are on ds phones, you get one brief ring then the cli flashes on display every 5 or so seconds

No, that's not call waiting - as asked originally, call waiting is a tone inserted into the audio path of the user's current call.

The brief ring from the phone's speaker that you are referring to is the standard call appearance alert used when another call is already connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back