Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Waiting on an Analog Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2002
TT
I have users with Analog extensions who need to access call waiting on Analog Trunks.

Call Waiting is working for internal calls, but if you hear the tone for call waiting on the Analog trunk and hit the flash button you get a second dial tone and not the incoming call. The second calling party on the trunk line only hears ringing.

Also I tried adjusting the flash timer in the Route Programming ( LD 16 ), but it didnt have any effect.
As far as I understand you only need the following setting in the CLS - WTA MWA SWA XFA

Any ideas what might be causing this?

call your provider to get the required flash timer for your call waiting.. it's usually .500 or one half a second.. it sounds like your getting conf tone, be sure your provider does not have features that conflict with each other.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If the sets and trunks are set up for it then the user would do the hookswitch flash then dial SPRE 96.
Look at the Features Guide under "Centrex Swithhook Flash".

Our provider have said the flash timer is .510ms.
I adjusted the timer in the route programming but it didnt work.

If we connect an analog set to the Direct Line, we can access the call waiting by simply pressing the Flash button.

Centrex Swithhook Flash is not used by our provider.

Any other ideas what can cause the Call Waiting not to work through the system?

The purpose of Centrex Switchhook Flash is to permit you to do a flash on a CO trunk.
If the call-waiting is occurring on the trunk then there is no other way for a pbx phone to access it. By doing a flash on an analog pbx phone you are only signalling the pbx that you are activating a feature on the pbx - not on the trunk. You have to use the Centrex Switchhook Flash feature to use features on the trunk.
Have you tried it?

I tried the Centrex Switchhook Flash feature and it worked.
Thanks StanleySteamer for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back