Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call transfer directly to another CMM mailbox, CM 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtismo

MIS
Dec 4, 2006
US
We are currently using a CS1K system with Avaya Call Pilot, which has a feature called "Express Messaging" allowing users to transfer calls directly to a VM user's mailbox by transferring the call to the Express Messaging extension and entering the destination mailbox.

We are starting a migration of a small subset of users to CM 6.2, and (temporarily) CMM. How can I have a CMM (Audix) feature to behave in the same way? I tried the "Transfer to Voice Mail Access Code" feature code, but it only put me into the transferring station's mailbox. I would like to be able to transfer into another mailbox without ringing the phone.

Create a phantom extension on CM (port=x) to be used as the Express Messaging number with a Coverage Path to VM hunt group. Using the web GUI for CMM, create an auto attendant mailbox for the Express Messaging number (Permissions > Type=auto-attendant). Scroll down to the AUTOMATED ATTENDANT MENU and place an "e" in the Extension column for each button in your extension range. Example: extension range 1xxxx, 2xxxx, place an "e" next to buttons 1 & 2. Treatment=call-answer. Record a greeting for this mailbox instructing the caller to enter mailbox number followed by the transfer key.

CM users then transfer the caller to this extension and wait for the greeting to enter mailbox number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back