Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Transfer Confirmation Tone? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottydont

Technical User
May 3, 2007
Hi All,

I have a customer who wants to hear a confirmation tone when a screened transfer has been completed. Bascially a call comes in, the call is transfered, the staff memeber announces the call to the destination extension and then hits connect. The customer wants when the connect is initiated that the end extension hears a "beep" to let them know the caller is on the other end.

Handsets are i2002's and i2004's and its running 4.50 software.

I'm hoping this is an easy one, but I've never heard of it before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Scott

it's real easy, let thme no it's not going to happen. for confirmation they need to stay on the line until the far end answers, then hit connect.. maybe you can get the transfered to party to answer calls from that station with a beep.

transfering party would still have to be on the line to hear the beep, can't she consider the called party answer as a confirmation?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Transfer is just a blind way to get someone for your phone to another. That way they will either get answered or go to the voicemail of the other phone.

Sorry no confirmation... Once a transfer is made:
press "Transfer"
Dial number to transfer to
press "Transfer" a second time...

The call is gone, transfer is completed.

Thanks Guys,

I've never heard of it before, so I was pretty sure it couldn't be done but I thought I would ask the experts. I agree with you guys that if your doing a screened transfer you should simply tell the end extension that you are putting them through now and that should be sufficient warning that the transfer has been initiated, but we all know these customers.

Thanks again.

Scott

We sure do....

proc rant

"Can your system do <insert work around for some end-user behaviour that I am incapable of managing out of my workers>?"

I'd bet that if they system was capable of automating the end-user agent position with artificial intelligence that some managers would still be unhappy.

endproc

I'm done ranting now...excuse me, i have to go reboot my toaster because it's too dark again.

MagnaRGP Wrote:
"I'm done ranting now...excuse me, i have to go reboot my toaster because it's too dark again."

Now that's funny....
Like it,
Love it,
Gotta use it!!!!

Just tell who ever want that tone, Nortel will be glad to make that happen.

All it takes is MONEY

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back